Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Sakura at QE park

So guys, I went to QE park to check the trees today. There're much fewer trees than I thought, and some of them are already in full bloom. I didn't see many flower pedals on the ground, so this area seems to be blooming late. But judging from today's condition, it's gonna be close if we wait till Saturday for the picnic. Nevertheless, we can still go. A picnic will still be a picnic without the sakura trees. (And then, maybe a Richmond field trip afterwards?) Hehehe... And then watch anime at night.
Thanks Andrew for the link and report. Here're more photos from my camera today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

By the way the Vancouver Sakura Festival is *not* charging $10 for the picnic. That is for the suggested bento box from some of their partners. Meaning, if you want to have a bento for picnic and don't know where to get one (not everyone in this city is familiar with Japanese customs and food!), they got you covered. Nobody's stopping you from having a picnic with your own food anywhere in the city where it's allowed.

MC said...

I know, I know. But as far as I understand, you have to pick up the lunch boxes yourself, which could be out of the way.