Sunday, September 24, 2006

Pinky Street DVDs

Finally watched them! As I said, I bought these for the dolls. So I don't care much about the DVDs. If it wasn't for the anime night, I'd probably never watch them. Don't expect much anyway.

Each disk contains one 15-minute episode. Yikes!! That's so expensive!! I can't believe I actually bought them!!! Aaaargh!!! (Regretting... regretting... regretting...)

Oh well, what's done is done. The episodes are standalone. Meaning, there's no episode order. (There are only 2 anyway.) The Sweet Saki angel DVD is about a girl who's a little boyish, but deep down in her heart, she wishes to be more girly. The Bitter Saki devil DVD is about a figure otaku university student who had a fight with his friend and feels too embarrassed to apologize.

About half of the episode is in 3DCG, after Saki takes the girl (or guy) to Pinky world. It's interesting to see the dolls in CG form. But... but they added fingers!!! Aaargh!!! Sigh... I guess that's necessary for acting. A lot of shots are recycled, and the camera work reused. Seems like they don't expect many people to buy both DVDs? The style and rendering aren't bad, though.

Behind the cuteness, there's the not-so-healthy message. It's "shop shop shop!!!" Sigh... what kind of messages are kids getting these days? Having bought these 2 DVDs, I'm guilty too. Sigh...

2 comments:

Liera said...

Mabel what do you mean a lot was reuse. It was all reuse except for about 8 scenes which mostly had the same shot angles they just had to do different characters. Yes you better regret, regret, regret. Haha just teasing, it wouldn't have been so bad if yea they didn't just copy the episode.

MC said...

Yes, it all looks the same, but if the characters are different, I can't count them as exactly the same shot. For about $30 more, I could get the toy I really want: the FMA 12 inch doll! Aaaargh...