Tuesday, April 03, 2007

3 days...

So, my uncle has one week left not because of his illness, but the decision of the doctor on not to give him a feeding tube, so that he would "dry up naturally". Hey wait a minute. That's starving a living person to death! How can that be "natural"?! My uncle did not loose consciousness although he can no longer speak. But he communicates with head movement and can answer yes or no questions.

The tubes are removed already. No food, no water, no IV, no medicine, no oxygen mask. Mind you, he has Parkinson's. He's gonna shake without medicine. Knowing that a relative is slowly being killed is unsettling. I have to admit, I've been trying to block this whole thing out, but for the past few days, I haven't been sleeping well and my stomach aches. Aren't doctors supposed to treat the sick? This one seems to enjoy making people suffer. Devil!!