Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Stupid parking

Once in a while the 3 parking spots at my chiropractor would be all full and I'd wait until one frees up. Otherwise it's $3 an hour. Today was one of those days. As usual I phoned up the receptionist to ask how long before someone leaves, and waited. Sometimes there is competition and so was today. Another guy was also waiting, but I was there first. Calling the receptionist helps because she can prove what time I arrived. And I'm glad the guy understood. (Some people don't. Sigh...)

The clinic seemed extra busy today, and it showed in the demand for parking spot. However, I don't think the clinic ever called tow trucks on non-patients who park in their reserved spots. The receptionist told me, last week she almost called one. Yes, it was a non-patient, but he also bought 8 hours of parking! He seemed to be some kind of real estate agent and here was a phone number on the car. Despite constant effort, the guy didn't answer. Luckily the clinic was only opened for half a day. Otherwise he would have been towed.

Bought ticket and then park at a reserved spot? What a moron!

No comments: