Wednesday, July 19, 2006

My car got broken into...

Oh~ it happened again. Right inside my garage. I knew it was too quiet for too long... They used the tow truck technique. I'm just glad that I don't have to deal with ICBC. Sigh... But at leeeeeast shut the doors pleeeease ? The light and the batteries are gonna burnt out!

I don't keep any valuables in the car so it wasn't too bad. A pair of clip-on sun glasses and a cell phone charger are all that I worry about. At the end, only 3 items went missing. A hand towel for fogged-up windows, a box of tissue paper, and a roll of toilet paper. Yup, same here. "What the heck?!?!"

9 comments:

Kieran said...

ah mabel sorry to hear that!!

redcarrera4 said...

Hey Mabel!
Sorry to hear your car got broken into! Was there any damages?

-Joe

Anonymous said...

That sucks. But on the bright side, they got nothing. Just imagine how much worse would it be if you had something you couldn't afford to lose in there.

Kieran said...

Or imagin if they had actually stolen your car.. At least they didnt do that.

tonee said...

boo on car theives!!
hope you'lll get compensated well.

MC said...

Thanks guys.
Luckily there's no big visible damage, but the driver's side door doesn't seem to fit perfectly anymore. I don't think I need ICBC, though, with the $300 deductible. I haven't even phoned the police...

On closer inspection, a Chinese style fold-up paper fan also went missing. I just don't understand why they took things that aren't worth anything?

Haha... other people suggest me not to lock the doors at all. (Naaah, that won't do, because the next thing they might steal would be gas.)

MC said...

Yup, mine is nothing comparing to your car. Is it getting better? (Haha... sorry I haven't been following your blog. I think you moved, didn't you?)

Anonymous said...

ohhh.... They were quite desperate... Stealing toilet paper?!?!?! For Pete's Sake. Maybe it's a poor guy that had to go so badly and just happened to see what he needs in your car...

MC said...

But... nothing except the box of tissue paper is visible. Actually a post card from the International Ice-cream Factory is also missing. Seems like the theme is "paper"? Aaaargh...