Sunday, August 27, 2006

Mars trip

I mean, a trip to see Mars. We drove all the way to Squamish to avoid city lights. (2 hours drive single trip.) Mars was supposed to be as bright as the moon on the 27th, which only happens every 270 or so years.

We stopped at Brandywine Falls and Whistler before sun set.

Didn't see any moon. (It was a new moon.) Didn't see any Mars either! Aaargh! But I did see the milkyway and lots of stars. A few shooting stars too! It made a big difference without the city lights. The drive was worth it.

(Thanks Steven for driving~!)

1 comment:

MC said...

Haha... I've lost the poetry part of my brain a long time ago. Actually... I just found out yesterday that the Mars thing was a hoax!! Grrr...

Well, it actually happened 2 years ago. But people keep forwarding the same e-mail because it doesn't say which year. The one I got was in Chinese. Obviously somebody was "kind" enough to add "2006". Oh well... The trip was good so it wasn't a complete lost.

Have a good camping trip this weekend! It's the last long weekend this summer!