Monday, October 02, 2006

Car window

Finally got the diver's side window fixed. It hasn't been closing properly since the last break-in. Cost me $30, but I've heard it costs over $100 if I go back to Honda. The guy underestimated the job too! Initially he said $30 and about half and hour, but it needed almost an hour and a half! He had to open up the inside panel of the door, re-adjust some alignments, and weld a broken clasp. The price didn't go up although he had to spend triple the time. Make me feel bad... (But, hey, when time = money, I've given him an extra hour for the job.)

Then the burnt-out headlight was replaced for $12. Apparently the exact cost of the light bulb. He didn't charge me for labour... Total bill of the day, $42. Hmm... That's slightly more than a set of Re-ment candy toy. (It makes me feel very weird catching myself thinking money in terms of toys... yikes...)

No comments: