Thursday, November 01, 2007

Monster sushi

Oh my God! It's November already! Scary!! Equally scary is this monstrous sushi. It's from a Japanese restaurant near by which mainly sells sushi. They do have salad and rice bow etc, but no katsudon or oyakodon. It's fish-based only, weird. 3 of us (my parents and I) ordered 2 combos and 4 pieces of nigiri sushi, thinking it would be just the right quantity. Who knew the sushi are gigantic!! Of course we couldn't finish it and had to take the leftover home (which can easily feed 2 more people). We could have ordered one combo instead. The bill was around $23. With one fewer combo, it would be less than $15. So, $5 each person (+ tips). Pretty cheap for a sushi dinner, eh?

However, it wasn't too tasty. Well, it wasn't bad or anything, but the lack of craftsmanship decreases appetite. This monster is the House Roll. I don't think I can eat more than 2 slices.

Again, Pinkys are about 10 cm tall (4 inches). You can see this sushi is even bigger then the diameter of the mug!

2 comments:

Kieran said...

okay.. I know you bring pinky's everywhere haha, but you brought a ruler to a sushi restaurant???

MC said...

Naaah, those were the take-home leftovers. Hehehe! Actually I don't carry a Pinky with me all the time. Only sometimes. (^_^)