Saturday, March 15, 2008

Cappuccino Maltesers

Maltesers is one of the most dangerous candies that sends my self-control to outer space. That's why I have been staying away from it forever. Until! I saw this cappuccino flavor. I was able to stop myself from the dark chocolate one, but not this one.

When I opened the box, I was shocked to see that there's no inner bag. The chocolate balls are in direct contact with the box. I could hear them rattle, but refused to believe. The box itself was sealed in cellophane, but once you break the seal, you gotta finish the box ASAP, or else the malt center goes stale very quickly! This looks like an evil strategy to increase consumption.

The candy itself is good. And it's coffee alright. (Sorry I'm not a coffee drinker, so I can't tell the difference between the varieties of coffee.) The flavor is in the malt part. The chocolate is regular milk chocolate. Actually, it's all done artificially. There's no coffee in the ingredients list, only flavouring.

Since there's Chinese on the box, I thought it's from Hong Kong. But a closer look reveals that it's from Taiwan. Made in Australia, though. Hmm...

No comments: