Monday, February 23, 2009

Parcels

Not feeling well. Took a day off. Finally sent the long over due parcels to Japan.

The Canadian post office is super screwed up. I was told that a 4kg surface parcel costs $99! The clerk only tells you the most expensive way to send a package. I wonder if the outlet takes a % as commission.

If I didn't ask, I wouldn't have found out two 2kg packages sent as small packet is $21 each. Of course I'd break up the 4kg into two 2kg.

I lost the link of their rate table due to my recent computer upgrade. There's only a page where you enter all the info (dimensions, weight etc) and it returns the options and price. (Sucks! The old page is probably out of date too. Sigh...) There I found out the clerk lie! A 4kg surface parcel only costs $60! $99 is express ($108 after tax and surcharge)! Grrrrr!!!! Yes, they definitely are trying to trick you into sending via the most expensive option. Nevertheless, small packets are still cheaper.

I'd much rather have all the info available from a table. This new system doesn't tell you small packet is only up to 2kg.

No comments: