Friday, September 11, 2009

Bronze head pins

The bronze plated head pins from E-bay are...

... so dirty!!!!!! (T_T)

Well, looks like they've been through some kind of antiquing process. Oh why?????? They're totally fine as is! There's no need to add dirt!!!!!
Moreover, when it comes from China, who knows what kind of crap this "dirt" is????? (It's possible to be real crap!) Quality is very low too. The heads aren't centered. There aren't many that are properly formed and I might not even be able to use them. If they get my hands this dirty, I'll for sure transfer this dirt onto whatever accessories I'd be working on. Which is no good. Unless I clean them first. But... is the time and effort worthwhile? (Perhaps I have no choice...)

Not sure if it was my allergy pills running out or what, I was sneezing and coughing while re-bagging these pins. It'd better not be some kind of irritants. Sneezing... not uncommon, but coughing is.
Chaff was found in all the bronze findings: pins, rings, clasps and bead caps. Did they use food processing equipments to antique these findings? I sure hope not!! (T_T)

Traffic jam on Highway 1 on my way home.

No comments: