Monday, January 22, 2007

26th Shinjuku, dinner

My Morioka friend who helped us book the hotel was meeting us for dinner in Shinjuku. We were late for half an hour, because my companion wanted to stick to subway instead of JR.

Yes JR is more expensive, I know. But for about 200 - 300 yen, you're keeping someone who gave us great help waiting. The weather didn't help either. Since she showed a lot of confidence about getting around in Japan, I didn't feel like arguing so I just shut up and followed the flow. (I shouldn't have, should I? Sigh...) Later I found out she wasn't as invincible as she seemed...

Anyway, we had dinner at a chain restaurant Goemon. At first glance, it looked like ramen. But it was actually spaghetti cooked in Japanese style. I had natto, raw egg, and some kind of vegi. It was very good! (Although very slimy.) The dinner set included a spaghetti dish, a soup, a drink, and a self-serve salad bar. At around 1700 yen, it was a great deal.

No comments: