Friday, January 19, 2007

Dec 25 Ueno, hotel

There were only 12 days between departure and the notification. (We were on waiting list.) By the time we got the phone call, virtually no hotel was available. Almost all the online booking only show vacancy up to 7 days. We needed 10. No hotel had vacancy for 10 consecutive days. We had to either go for the high end expensive ones (which I can't afford) or sleep on the street.

Luckily my Japanese friend in Morioka offered a helping hand. She made some phone calls and found us a cheaper hotel in Ueno. We got a semi double room. The room size and bed size are between a single and a double. Splitting with my friend, we each pay 3500 yen per night (about $35). Which is a super deal.

Although thankful, we do get what we pay for. The place is small and dingy. But don't take me wrong, I'm not complaining. It worked out allright.

No comments: