Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Granville Island

Telus came to fix our noisy phone and took about 1.5 hour. We failed at every check point. (e.g. not all the phones use filter, broken hook on the jack, loose wire in the fuse box.) He finally had to check the street box a few blocks away. Turn out the problem was with the head office. He asked for a reset, and our phone has been working fine since (so far).
Today is basically a make up for yesterday. Both Ajisai and Granville Island were closed. (Well, the later was closed to cars when we got there. Pedestrians were fine.) Ajisai is a must-go, and their chirashi is a must-eat. The dehydration headache kicked in at Granville Island, so I only took a few pictures.

Then we went to La Casa Gelato (AKA International Ice-cream Factory) and then went home after picking up some fruit in my neighborhood. My headache exploded. But we had to visit my brother at his place. I only managed to down a mug of water and a little bit of water melon. Had Chinese food (again) for dinner. Shanghai to be exact. 2 huge glasses of water helped. However, the pounding headache came back when I got home, and it's still here as I'm typing this. (T_T) I'm not sure if it's purely dehydration, or the weather. Probably a combination of both. It rained like a huge earthquake is coming or something. I'm feeling like a cat being picked up by grabbing the back of its neck. (T_T)
My cousin's daughter has been doing all the driving since they arrived. She's reached her energy limit too. I can't help because it's a rental car. I'm not registered as a driver. And the lack of A/C in my car is the other reason.

No comments: