Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Babysit

This was a bit shocking. By the time we got the news, my sister-in-law had already gone to Hong Kong... to see her father one last time. He's dying. I saw him once when I was there in November. He was in the hospital on the day we were supposed to visit, so we had to cancel. A few days later he managed to go home so we resumed. I can't say he looked too good. His kidneys were damaged from diabetes and he has been on dialysis for 35 years. No one believes he's hung on for this long. Recently he's got infection on his feet and this seems to affect his heart or something. There were many times that he came close but managed to come back. This time seems a bit too close. Not sure what I should say, or think.

Anyway, I'll be babysitting for a few days. Still sleeping at least 14 hours a day. Get up and it's dinner time already. It's not jet lag, I think. This must be hibernation. My day and night are still switched like before the trip. I was able to live normal hours over there. How come it's now like the trip has never happened? (T_T)

No comments: