Thursday, April 16, 2009

More running around

Was going to look into my cell phone problem, but was solicited by mom to lunch with some family friends. (When I drive them to the restaurant, I get to eat there too.) Got some cheap material at a nearby dollar store. Tried to get help at the closest Fido store, but the guy couldn't help me although denying not being a customer here has nothing to do with it. Instead, he pointed me to Oakridge. It definitely beats going all the way to Metrotwon and worth a try. And it did not disappoint me. What was my problem? Here goes.

My last bill was $4.65 after some kind of (referral?) discount. I've set up auto payment on my credit card, so I usually don't read the statement carefully. (And let them charge me the $2 paper fee, jerks!) This month's bill, however, has that $4.65 listed as last month's balance! How could this be? Can this affect my credit rating? Yikes!!!!

Calling the 1-800 number on the bill didn't help. It's all recordings and no options suits me. And it's absolutely impossible to talk to a real person. I was climbing up the walls!!! Grrr!!! The free 611 call from the cell phone is exactly the same as the 1-800, so it's useless too. The "pressing 0 at certain timing" trick also didn't work. Anything outside the given options only repeats the recordings, and after 3 or 4 times, it hangs up on you. Grrrr!!!!!!

So I had to go to a branch to talk to a real person to get things sorted out.

(1) No, this doesn't affect my credit rating.
(2) They can't charge last then $5 on a credit card, so last month's $4.65 was pushed forward to this month's bill. No interest was charged either.

After running around for 3 day, I'm just glad this is over.

No comments: