Saturday, April 11, 2009

Peeps

There are tons of junk food reviews lined up, but since it's Easter, I'm letting this jump the line.

Peeps are yellow marshmallow chicks. Wow, they have their own page on Wiki! Not sure if it's an Easter special since I haven't seen them locally until now. Or maybe I simply wasn't paying attention? I remember seeing something on TV a few years ago... perhaps on Food Network? Some kind of special truck passing them out for free or something. They looked good and must be good! But... but... Aaargh!!! It's a trap!!! I was soooo disappointed. It's too sweet with no flavour. Not even sure if it's sugar or corn syrup. Nothing special. The yellow dye turns me off too. By the way, the marshmallow is white. The yellow comes from coloured sugar sprinkled on the outside. Here's a tour of the Peeps factory if you're interested... and here's a Peeps lip balm. Hmm... looks like it's kind of famous.

No comments: