Monday, June 15, 2009

Kickbutt: Cherry

Kickbutt Amped Energy Ballz: Cherry.

What a name! Ever since the day I heard its radio ad, I wanted one. Finally found it after a few attempts. Somehow I thought it would look like those protein/energy bars, wrong! It's packaged in a tube! And it's located near the pharmacy. I might have missed it because I was searching in the candy isle.

Each tube contains 4 balls, on sale at $2.99, after tax it's $3.14. Normally it's about $4. Quite expensive! There are 2 flavours: cappuccino and cherry. I got cherry. The ball is like a medium size gum ball and the shell is kind of hard. A little too big for one bite but I couldn't bite it in half. After sucking on it for a minute or two, the sugary burgundy coat melts away and reveals a white shell. Only then could I bite into it. Inside the shell is a softer, gummier, brown center kind of like toffee. The whole thing tasted like chocolate milk shake with a tint of cherry flavour. Quite nice actually. I wouldn't mind eating more, but too expensive. Oh, and the coloured outer shell didn't turn my tongue red.

There's no ingredient list, only an "each ball contains..." list. The first thing on there is, caffeine 40mg! No wonder why it gives you a kick. Seems like it's also got some good stuff, like many kinds of vitamins and ginseng roots. So, eating this is supposed to make you...

Kick butt!

(Like how they say it in the radio ad.)

2 comments:

Malbert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Malbert said...

40MG OF CAFFEINE IS ONLY EQUAL TO HALF A CUP OF COFFEE :D