Saturday, June 27, 2009

Zongzi / Skytrain

My brother's mother-in-law doesn't have a US visa so they couldn't take her cross-border shopping. Well, actually she does have one, but it's a long story. (She has a permanent one without expiry day. But her passport only has x months left, so she got a new passport so it won't expire in Canada. Of course the visa doesn't transfer over.) So, she was dropped off at our place before the shopping trip.

To kill a day, she bought along supplies to make Zongzi, ingredients and pans and everything. And OMG, she made 32! Each one weights approximately a pound. Yup, she's a good cook.

Happened to be at Oakridge after my chiropractor's appointment. The skytrain station has an open house! It might be the free juice, or the taco salad I ate for lunch didn't agree with my stomach. Had to leave early. Sorry Andrew. However, couldn't escape eating out for dinner. Mom and my brother's mother-in-law were tired from Zongzi making. Didn't eat anything but veggies. (OK I did eat some fresh Zongzi later afternoon. There were too good to resist.)

No comments: