Friday, June 12, 2009

Paper punch

There was a certain paper punch that I was interested in at the North Van Michael's. It's part of the Martha Stewart Craft line, has zig-zag edge with diamonds holes and embossed lines. There were 3 on Tuesday. Wednesday, there was only one left. The packaging was damaged and clearly been opened and used. (There was a piece of paper stucked in one of the holes.) So, naturally I asked for a new one. The girl was very helpful and went to dig into the storage boxes on top of the asle. But there was none even though the scan said there sould be 3! she was puzzled. She tried to phone up the Park Royal branch with a nearby phone but it didn't connect (later I found out those phones are internal). Then she went to the phone at the casheir and found out there were 4 on the floor over there. I thanked her and paid for my purchase. She was afraid to ring it in. Yup, she was very new.

So I dorve over to West Van, only to find none. Went through the whole deal of finding help again. This time the lady stopped at checking with the "gun", then she threw me to the manager. It took a while to get hold of whoever answered the phone call. Turn out, the new girl gave them the wrong code and it was a different style. Sigh... But she scanned the bar code on the box! How could this go wrong??? Before the lady passed me over to the manager, she also gave me a piece of alarming info. That paticular punch was seasonal and discontinued.

There was still the Richmond branch. After what happened in these 2 stores, I wouldn't even border calling. So I went there yesterday. None of course. Which means the abused one at North Van was the only one left (T_T) in town. (The Burnaby branch is too far away.) No choice but to get that one. I fear if they put it on sale because of its condition, I can't use the 50% off coupon. Then all my running around would be for nothing.

Luckily (?) it was still there as if nothing had happened. Got it, whined a little to the cashier, and finally, it's mine. Got home, check it again, and made a disdurbing discovery. The packaging has been switched! This style should be "diamond something somthing" from the rack, but the box says "embossed petals"! Aaaaargh!!!!!!!!!!! This solves why I was given wrong info at the North Van store. The new girl didn't make any mistake. Apearently someone took the punch out, perhaps multiple punches, tested them out with paper from the scrap book papaer rack right across the Martha Stewart rack, then stuff the punches back randomly. Somewhere out there, someone has the box to my punch. It might contain information about whether this is a seasonal item. I'll never find out. Grrrr.... Neither do I know the correct full name of this punch.

Was it bad luck? Why me? I really really really really hate those with no respect for others. If you're the one who did this, Karma will get you some day.

The sad thing is, after all these trouble, the punch is no good. Sob sob sob sob sob.... (T_T) Found out the real name BTW. "Edger Embossed Diamonds". Way too much headache. (T_T) (T_T) (T_T) (T_T) (T_T)

No comments: