Monday, October 26, 2009

4 of 5 / $1 lesson

Forth of the 5 batches arrived. Only one more now. Hmm... I forgot what's in it already... It's from Hong Kong. The seller says it takes 2-3 weeks for shipping. I don't believe it. Usually it's only 7-10 days. Don't tell me they're sending by surface mail...

So, this is the missing bag of beads which costs $1 ($1.12 after tax). Had to make a special trip to Richmond, but I got it back without any problem. The owner's son who was staffing the counter at the time noticed, and put it aside.

I know you'd say, just forget that $1 and save the time and gas. Yes I thought about that too. But I do need the beads. And, it seems like there's another reason. It was as if... I was sent there to receive a lesson.

The store owner was very talkative. We chatted for... 2.5 hours. She seems to have the worst luck in the world. She's like... cursed, no kidding. Let's say, it's such a waste if she doesn't write an autobiography. And it's so twisted, I think it has all the elements for a successful movie or TV series.

After hearing her story, a big chunk of the darkness clouding my heart dissipated. Her problems put me to shame. Things may not go my way, but I'm still very very very lucky.

No comments: