Friday, July 06, 2007

Homework (fan)

I finally went to see my doctor about the rash started by the expired lip balm. He gave me some free sample of "anti-Rosacea" cream. (Wait a minute, I don't think I have Rosacea!) I asked to be referred to a dermatologist, but he said, they're gonna give you the same thing anyway. And of course he didn't give me the referral. Grrr... was that his male ego or was he trying to save money for the government on the expense of his patients? C'mon, it's on my face! Around my mouth! What if it leaves a scar of discoloration?

I've been using the Blistex jar stuff to keep the area moisten, for dryness leads to more itching. My doctor also told me to "switch" from Blistex to the cream. But it's supposed to be used twice daily only, and doesn't moisturize. Does he really know enough to treat this? Either way, I was agonizing at work.

My employer had some experience with skin problem too. So she recommended Cortisone cream or zinc cream for my rash. I ended up using the zinc cream because she strongly recommended it. But... but... it's actually a diaper rash cream! So... putting stuff on my face normally to be used on the butt...! And it smelled suspicious (as in "not fresh"). However, it did a better job on moisturizing. Not sure if it's actually curing the rash, though. Guess I'll find out in a day or two. (T_T)

No comments: