Monday, September 03, 2007

Calbee Honey BBQ Chicken...

More chips review.
Calbee Honey BBQ Chicken Wing Potato Chips. 55g, 3 for $3.59

Very interesting. It does taste like the Hong Kong style BBQ chicken wings! First impression: too light. There's the base of chicken extract, then sweetness from the honey. Non spicy. I was expecting something much stronger and saltier. Unlike the Gyoza chips, the taste of potato is dominant. Which is, unfortunately, too starchy and lacks a punch. This flavour does not satisfy my salt craving. Will I buy it again? Hmm... perhaps not.

Since it's 3 for $3.59, what did I get for the third bag? Seaweed flavour (also Calbee). It's the one that satisfies my salt craving best. Because I've written a review on my junk food site before, I'm gonna skip it here.

No comments: