Sunday, September 02, 2007

Calbee Gyoza Chips

Oh~ dear, the salt craving started. (I... go into salt cravings periodically, sigh...) Perhaps I'm just taking advantage of it and turning it into a chips craving. Eating salt alone helps a little bit, but chips works best.

So, might as well do a review. Hehehe... I haven't touched my junk food site for at least 9 months. 2 days ago I was trying to do a small update on my toy site. To my horror, I can no longer log in! The control panel page had disappeared and redirected to somewhere else! Aaaaaaargh!! That's it, I'm leaving Byehost. Anyway, back to the subject.

Calbee Gyoza Flavoured Potato Chips. 55g, 3 for $3.59
I've tried it a long time ago, and totally forgotten what it tastes like. The packaging has changed too. So maybe the flavour's different?

As soon as I opened the bag, the strong vinegar smell of gyoza dip bursted out. OK, so it's all about the dip. Yes, it tastes like gyoza dip too. Salty and sour. About 1/3 through the bag, the hot-and-spicy side showed up. My mouth was burning slightly, but it was well withing tolerance. They've done a good job recreating the taste.

However, it leaves an unpleasant oily coating inside my mouth. A coating that sticks. It expires next March, so this has nothing to do with freshness. And then, garlicky after taste that lasted for hours... (>_<;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Long time not seen :) !

Well, I just come back on your blog, and it's like it is becoming your new junk-food-adventure-page replacement.

Isn't it ?

MC said...

Welcome back. (^_^)

Well, turns out I put everything in this blog. Junk food, toys, Pinky, whining, what not, depending on what I was doing on a certain day. It's just a dairy after all.

Whatever material this blog generates, can later be filed into specific sites, like junk food getting it's own site. (Pinky and junk food are probably the only ones gonna get their own sites. But I do have a general toy one.)

Actually I'm looking into a blog/site solution. Word Press is winning for now, but I'm procrastinating on getting an account. (^_^)