Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Happy Moon Festival!

Wow, before you know it, it's mid fall! Moon Festival is also known as Mid-autumn Festival (and Lantern Festival). There probably are celebrations around town, especially Chinatown and Richmond, but naaaah, I needed to go to the gym.

Tried to take pictures of the full moon, but didn't work out. These 2 are the best out of 22 photos. Most of them are blurred, and can't even see the outline of the moon like the one on the right. (Well, OK there were some clouds too, but if I can see the shape of the moon with my own eyes, the camera should be able to capture it too.) I tried almost all settings. Night landscape doesn't really work. Surprisingly museum mode works best. Weird.

Curiosity kills the cat... and me. Broke the Pinky right before shooting the photo above. (T_T) The waist kind of wiggled so I just pulled. The joint looks like ordinary waist joint too. However! No other peg can fit into the trunk hole, and the raised rim around the hip peg prevents anything from going down. (T_T) Looks like they were held together with paint only. No glue. Blue tag was the emergency fix for the photo shoot. I'll have to insert a wire for the real repair...

No comments: