Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Boxing day

Thanks for dinner, guys! (^_^)

I don't usually do any boxing day shopping. I think the last time was when I bought my LCD monitor 2 (or was it 3?) years ago. This year I need to pick up some candies, plus to use up the 50% off Michael's coupons. Parking and line up weren't too bad in general. But I got quite pissed off at Candyland. The clerk didn't give me all the info about the 2008 10% off VIP card, so I wasted a lot of time and came out empty handed. Not to mention she kept chatting with another customer who might be her friend. I don't know and don't care. Without the VIP card, guess I'll be shopping a lot less at that place next year.

Then I'm so relieved about a situation which has been puzzling me for a little while. I really thought I was cursed. Or maybe I still am. (No, I'm just a moron.)

I can blame it on a lot of things, but it was by my own hands that the matter was screwed up. After a series of small mishaps, the finale was putting my address as both the sender and receiver on an important and expensive 3-day Purolator shipment, which needed to arrive in Japan no later than the 29th. I confirmed with the post office clerk after filling out the forms but she didn't pick up the mistake. It was sent on the 17th. After 5 days, there was no sign of the parcel. Both my friend and I were getting worried. I didn't discover the mistake until the 24th.

Shocked. (Can't believe I could ever make such a dumb mistake.)

Depressed. (I'm such a moron! Life ahead suddenly turn gray.)

Panic, panic, panic. (The parcel won't make it! But more importantly, where is it? Is it lost?)

Couldn't sleep.

There was a faint hope because I did put the correct address on the custom form. But that's just the custom form.

Then I got a short note from my friend on the 25th, saying "seems like the parcel has arrived." Yeah, she was working, and probably got a notification instead of having the actual parcel in hand. In that case, was it my parcel? Or someone else's? Either way, it wasn't like her usual mail. So until I hear from her again, there was no way I could relax.

And the confirmation came on the night of the 26th. The contents are fine too. Finally! It's such a huge relieve. Thank God, thank God, thank God!

Looking back, I did my best every step, but things still got screwed up. I've turn into a moron. (T_T)

No comments: