Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas! (2)

Christmas eve. Can't get any closer than this. (Yikes...) Only managed to mail one single card this year. (Hand delivered 4, though.) Yeah... I owe a few people cards... (T_T) Don't really know why or what, but this month has been crazy. And my dumbness doesn't help. Everyday there's something screwed up. Feels like I only have a quarter of my brain left.

My brother and his family won't be back until January. This year we didn't even take the 2-feet tree out. There are only 4 Christmas cards on the fireplace. Totally no spirit. (T_T)

So, I got this cute foam ginger bread house to add a little spirit. Cost only $6 (plus tax), but took me 6 hours to build. (T_T) There's no list of content. I was afraid there weren't enough roof tiles, and tried to calculate how many I need. Wasted a lot of time and no conclusion. The roof wasn't exactly as shown on the package either, so the "follow the picture" approach screwed up the roof tiling. I had to tile the front twice.

Then the "sugar coat" of the roof top candies was the next biggest hassle. There's absolute no instruction on how to do it, so I was making it up as I go. Which, was putting glue on each face and dunk into the glitter. (Somehow instinct told me gluing the whole thing all at once is a really bad idea.) Of course doing it face by face took forever!

Well, I'm just glad that it's done and out of the way. There are still tons of things I need to do, but what's going on? nothing is getting done! Am I slow? Or just dumb? Or cursed? (T_T)

BTW, the back of the house looks like this.

No comments: