Friday, February 08, 2008

Chinese new year (2)

As if making up for the lack of eating out yesterday, we did it for both lunch and dinner today. The fried tofu was the best I've ever had. (Those round things in lower left foreground.) I think the key is in the batter.

Somehow my mood took a significant dip. Need a lift so I picked up some toys. Didn't work as well as I hope but at least kept me going. I think what I truly want is a huge cleanup of my room. Which is too big a task and I kept procrastinating... Perhaps it's my brain that needs a cleanup. Hmm... doesn't look good either way...

Maybe it was the news of my oldest aunt in California passing away. I'm not close to her. I don't even know her face. But it's like, all of a sudden people are dying around me. My North Van aunt was diagnosed with lung cancer last May. And another uncle was gone last June. Well, my mom is the 9th child of her family, so I have many aunts and uncles and cousins. They're scattered around the world, so most of them I don't know.

Actually there was a 10th aunt who was born with cleft lip and was given up for adoption soon after birth. The doctor who delivered her adopted her, repaired her palate, and she herself later became a doctor. The 2 families lost contact early on. Sounds incredible but that's how the story goes.

No comments: