Thursday, February 07, 2008

Happy Chinese new year!

Everybody wants a chicken or some pork chop for Chinese new year. The line up was horrible. Such items were in short supply. Whatever was available didn't look that good. So we didn't buy any. Instead, made something from frozen chicken legs... which defeats the purpose of doing something "special" for new year. The ultimate "something special" is eating out. Takeout dishes is one step down. According to a friend, the line up at Chinese restaurants were just as bad. However, the restaurants were smart by providing only special dinner with minimum chance of screwing up, and can be mass prepared ahead of time.
Gotta made use of my Pinky dolls so here's a Chinese new year card. One of the heads was so tight, it broke my nail when I tried to change the hair. (T_T)

On a different subject, Iron Chef is gonna become an anime! I like the original Japanese series, but hate the US version. This anime is said to use Japanese art style but produced in America. But still, I don't think it works... (T_T)

3 comments:

redcarrera4 said...

Happy Chinese New Year Mabel!
-Joe

MC said...

Happy Chinese new year Joe! How's it going? (^_^)

redcarrera4 said...

It goes well! I may finally be returning to work on March 10ish, but we'll see what the results of the MRI I'm gonna have next Tuesday is going to say.
Keeping my fingers crossed.
Oh yeah, I actually got to play in a band in a bar in downtown Shibuya last January 5th. I'll tell you about it sometime. :)