Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Gianduja Kitkat

Part of the treats Sora sent me from Japan. Thanks Sora!! (^_^)
Gianduja...??? Needed to look it up. The internet is so awesome, hehe! So, it's "a preparation of chocolate containing about 50 percent hazelnut and almond paste" according to Wikipedia. The Japanese Wiki has slightly more info on the history side, but doesn't say anything about the %. Oh well.

Is it me or is it the chocolate? Somehow Kitkat keeps giving me this "too sweet" taste these days. I can't say it enough. The Kitkat in my memory is less sweet. Hmm... anyway, this Gianduja has a dominant sweetness from the chocolate. The nuts are a little too weak, but nevertheless, there. It's not loud, but blends quietly and nicely into the chocolate. It's a good match. The other thing that bugs me is, there are only 2 individually packaged sticks in the box! I thought there should be 4? Well, the "normal" Kitkat does, right? I forgot, but are the other "deluxe" Kitkats like this?

No comments: