Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Car trouble again

(Photo has nothing to do with subject.)
My car wouldn't start again. The worse is, my brother has borrowed it, and it failed in his hands. He needed to pick up his girls from summer school. (His own car was sent for a repair.) In order to get help from BCAA, I'll have to be with the car. I could take a bus to Granville Island, and then call BCAA, but it would be too late for the girls. My sister-in-law has the anther car but she didn't turn on her cell phone and couldn't be reached.

Meanwhile I phoned up my garage for advice. Since I just replaced the battery 3 days ago, this doesn't make sense. The guy said it's probably the distributor. Let it cool and restart. (Yup, my brother parked in the open, under the scorching sun.) Luckily the car finally started after he opened all the doors and hood and "prayed intensely". (Yup he's far on the religious side.) He also reached his wife so she would be picking up the girls.

So, instead of dropping off my car, he took it to his mechanic and swap it with his car.

Is this my bad luck? Or my brother's?

No comments: