Monday, February 05, 2007

29th Comic Market 71 (4)

Leaving the "party gang" to the last, I visited Yukasuke first. Hmm... yeah... I was a little nervous, haha... Looking at what was on display, I sported her table right away. (Recognizing the Elric brothers magnets.)

It was like a miracle. I'd never dream that I could actually meet a Japanese blog friend in person! She's so friendly and funny too! And she gave me a set of doujinshi, magnets, and stickers! I return with one of those Premo Al beads I made last summer... I'm so sorry Yukasuke, that was hardly any equivalent exchange! Sob sob sob...

As we talked for a little bit, I realized I was getting slower and slower. My exhaustion was setting in. (Lack of sleep and all that running around carring the Kaiyodo figures.) And then, argh! I noticed people were starting to pack up! It was still slightly early for the 2:30 meeting time with Masoho. So I went to Saya's booth first.

Among all my FMA blog friends, Saya was actually the first one I started correspondence with. I didn't tell her about my trip and was going to spook her on the day, but Masoho leaked the info. Oh well, hahaha! I don't mind that, but I hope Saya wasn't mad at me for not telling her. So, just to be fair, I visited her booth first. She doubled up with Yue, another avid Shamballa fan. Oops... even they were starting to pack up! I'd better go see Masoho soon!

Saya lead me to Jino's table, where Masoho had been helping out. (The application for her own table didn't get approved. It's common for doujin friends to join each other's booths.) Apparently, to avoid having to carry the heavy books home, most people use courier service. And it was near the shipping deadline. No wonder everyone was packing up!

I was quite tied already. Good thing that the group next to Jino's had left and I could sit down while waiting for the party members to show up. There were altogether 15 people! Yikes!!

At that point, I realized I didn't take any cosplay photos!! Aaaargh!!!! But (1) I was too tired, (2) I wasn't sure what was going on. So I'd better stay put. 2 of the party members came in costume. I managed to snap a shot before they changed and that was the only cosplay photo I took. (The one on the bottom of this page doesn't count because it was a sneaked shot.)

Aaaargh! And I forgot to buy any doujinshi! (Regretting strongly!!!) At stores, doujinshi are usually bagged and you can't tell what the inside looks like. (Sometimes they'll display a photocopy of 1 page, but that's hardly enough.) The books aren't bagged at the Comic Market, and I missed a really precious chance! Sob sob sob... (Thanks so much Yukasuke and Jino for giving me some of their books, so I wouldn't be completely empty handed..)

Everyone was running around busy. Masoho and Jino disappeared for a whole so I was left with Chiwasaki alone at the table. Aaaaaw I could tell she was intimidated... I should have tried harder to communicate but I was just way too tired. She brought delicious cakes from Hiroshima! Thanks! And then I was introduced to Touko, my personal translator for the night. (^_^) She went to school for 3 months in Vancouver and her English is pretty good!

More people showed up, but that wasn't even half of 15. Without knowing what was going on, I just follow the group, and off we went to the party.

(I should really have visited the cosplay area... because there was an awesome Al armour!! Aaaargh!! Here's the entry at Yu's blog.)

No comments: