Thursday, February 22, 2007

31st Kichijoji again

A huge keg of sake had been sitting at the hotel's lobby for a few days. It's for a new year ceremony. Apparently the keg would be broken and everybody drink the sake.

We went to Kichijoji again on the 31st. I took my companion to the awesome shoe store my Japanese friend introduced me to 2 years ago, where I bought a pair of black leather high-heel which has since been my favorite. My companion bought 2 pairs this time. Oh~ I wanted to buy at least a pair too! But I wasn't done with toys yet. Those shoes were so good, you'll buy it once you try it on. Expensive, though. But it's worth the money.

Then we revisited Kichijoji Loft for the Re-ment event. It was still going on. My companion bought some more. There were other interesting stuff, like the towel cakes. And the tarako suite.

On our way out she bought some tea. I noticed the Engrish packaging of some canned fried sea weed.

It was Akihabara afterwards. The Radio Hall was a must-go. Too bad Kaiyodo was closed already. We bought a bunch of toys at Volks's 7th floor, mainly rental lockers. And I got the last MedicomToy Ed at their 4th floor show room. It was 10% off, but I later found out that was still quite a bit more expensive than Yodobashi Camera. (The cheapest is Amazon Japan. 9,999 yen. Everywhere is over 11,000) Then, a ground floor store that was filled with rental lockers. And Kotobukiya. Plenty of opened loose candy toys although slightly more expensive. I don't mind, when I don't want to buy a whole set.

Anyway, we got back at the hotel after dinner. The plan was to go to Asakusa to experience the local new year's eve atmosphere.

And then to my surprise, one of the new friends I met at the FMA party phoned me at the hotel! She was on her way to see me! Wow!! I... was speechless! Some of us were to meet again on the 3rd but she couldn't go, so she came to meet me at my hotel. That's so touching!! And she gave me a silver FMA pendent too! (Later I found out that it's worth about 12500 yen! That's over a hundred bucks!! Yikes!!) We talked, and talked. Her family was waiting for her at home to have dinner, although it was way pass dinner time. (Ooow... I felt so bad...) After she left, I realized I was too tired to go to Asakusa, so my companion went alone. I took the chance to organize my luggage, stuffing in the toys I bought. She came back and told me it was really crowded at the shrine and line up moved very slow. Didn't think I could survive that anyway.

No comments: