Friday, August 22, 2008

Lid...

Flipped my lid.

My boss was complaining about me going ahead to "create a new piece of graphic" when she didn't request it, plus the time it took (1 hour) was too long.
  • First, the material I was provided didn't work as is. I couldn't get the corners of the frame to match. It was late and I improvised.
  • Second, I did try my best to minimize the time and effort. After a while, I realized I was fighting a loosing battle with the provided material. It's easier and faster to just make something to cap the ends instead of tweaking the borders. And it will look way better too. It wasn't like I didn't do anything during that hour.
  • Third, I only get paid $8 an hour. A warping 8 bucks! And she can't even pay me 8 bugs for that? Yeah, when she said she could have gotten some students to do the job, it broke my heart. She must think my effort didn't' even worth $8! But she deny it, saying she can't afford it and I shouldn't take it personally. Yes, I understand that. But it doesn't matter at the end. It's a fact that I still don't worth $8 regardless of me taking it personally or not. I wonder who else in this freaking world is stupid enough to do Photoshop job for $8 an hour.
I like her work and all I wanted to do is to make her stuff look good. After all, if she can't make enough money, I don't get paid. That, I do understand. But again, this $8 is giving me too much pain.

I hate crying. Especially in front of some one else.

No comments: