Sunday, May 25, 2008

Jacobs Orange Club

Oh~ doesn't this bring back memories! This was one of my favorite when I was a kid. Well, it's still high up on my list today. Made in England, I didn't think I can buy them locally. Who knows? Apparently the store had been importing these, but I just happened to miss it every time. Incredible. And, this batch is the last shipment before the weather gets too warm. (They'll melt.) I'm glad I caught it. (^_^)
Hmm~ orange. The reason why I like this so much, is because it feels real. At least more real than most other orange flavoured chocolate. A perfect ratio of cracker and chocolate makes it feel like legitimate snack instead of junk food. (By junk food, I mean candy bar.) The taste is well balanced so it's not too sweet or bitter. You can even pick out the orange peel bits too! (Or something that feels like orange peel.) Around $4 for a pack of 8, or $0.6 each. Yeah, more expensive than the ordinary chocolate bar because of its size, but having one every now and than makes me feel so good. This reminds me of what a friend said. European candy bars are way better than the North American ones. I haven't had others, but in this case I totally agree.

No comments: