Monday, November 17, 2008

10 days to go

10 more days until my trip... Still got tons to do... (panic panic panic...)

My traveling companion persuaded me to go to Kyoto with her. Budgetwise, I don't think I should do that. The difference would be a 7-day JR train pass which costs about $300. It's only a good deal if you take the bullet train. I've been to Kyoto in 1989 although I don't remember much. (Yeah yeah yeah, it's in the missing half of my brain.) I think a $150 local transportation budget is enough if I stay in Tokyo. However, my friend will be going to Kyoto and buying a pass no matter what. So if we travel together, I'll have to look up train fare every time while she can just sail through quickly. Hmm...

On the other hand, this Kyoto trip will be a day trip. Think of it this way. Round trip is about 6 hours. Spending 6 hours on a train isn't really what I want... (T_T)

However, I've given her plenty of hassle on this trip and maybe this is the time to repay.

No comments: