Thursday, November 06, 2008

Cathy Pacific Asia Miles sucks!

(Image has nothing to do with subject.)

OK, I shouldn't have registered when I was falling asleep. But there should still be a way to fix the situation. There's NONE!!!

What happened was, when I copied my membership number down, I probably got it wrong. (But I always copy-and-paste! How can that go wrong?) Without a correct ID number, there's absolutely no way to do anything. And, I never received any confirmation e-mail either. So, did my registration actually go through?

The web site doesn't let me re-register either, saying I'm already in the system. (Then how come I didn't get the e-mail?) The 1-877 phone number is completely useless because it only offers 2 options. (1) Enter your membership number, and (2) if you want to listen to info on Asia Miles. Want to talk to an operator? In your next life.

My travel agent didn't give me any help either. Yeah of course. She's already got my money months ago and I'm of no use to her anymore. I'm talking about an attitude change here. It was pretty obvious when someone wants you to go away.

So, the last resort is the counter at the airport in Hong Kong.
Sigh... I'm so tired of all these trip crap. Why can't things go smoother?

1 comment:

bigsur said...

Was your problem ever resolved? I have the exact same issue, except that I didn't forget my membership number. I was never ever allotted one!

The website is totally useless and I can't talk to anyone about it!