Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Traffic jam

There was an accident on hwy 1. An ambulance and fire truck rushed down the hill and disappeared into the jam. Traffic was crawling. It took a while but luckily wasn't as bad as I expected. Of course, by the time I reached the "accident site" mid span of the bridge, nothing was there except for a pile of sand (for soaking up oil). So, why was it so congested??? Just as I was pulling into the driveway at home, the radio news reported another fresh accident on the bridge. Well, I'm glad I managed to squeeze through between the 2. That bridge is definitely a bottle neck you don't want to get stuck in.

My boss freaked out on me today. It was all due to mis-communication. Yet she spent a full hour lecturing me on my lack of common sense towards the amount of homework I should be handing in. Now she has parts that "she won't be able to use up before she dies". At the end, she's not going to pay me for all the hours I've already put in. I was asked to take a voluntary pay reduction because I'm partially responsible for putting her in a difficult place. (In short, she said she doesn't have enough money to pay me.) Sigh... I'm supposed to tell her how much I'm going to cut. And I should start butching my work in the future, which I never do. I had to deal with the aftermath of other people's butched job, and I think butching is wrong. Now, this, is putting me in an extremely difficult and sad place. I don't have time to deal with it now. The worst is, I still have some quite important and urgent homework that I'm supposed to hand in before my trip. It's taking longer than I thought, and it makes me very depressed trying to continue.

Yeah, this incident is a good push for me to find another job. Hopefully one that pays more and gives me less stress. For $8 an hour, the stress and responsibility level is not proportionate.

No comments: