Friday, August 24, 2007

Accident on highway #1

It finally happened. An accident on highway #1. Not mine, no worries. I entered from Boundary Road (exit 28A) and it was crawling all the way to exit 23A in North Van at the accident site. The grid lock was so bad, I had to come to a full stop quite a few times on the Second Narrows Bridge. Aaaw man! The bridge was shaking! Never realize that when you're going at 80km/h! Actually quite scary!

No need to say, I was 20 minutes late. (Would have been on time.) Luckily the nature of my job is very flexible, and my employer is very understanding. Guess I've been lucky so far not to encounter an accident on that rote.

Strangely, on my way home, there was yet another accident on highway #1! It wasn't as bad as the one in the morning, though. Apparently it was way out in Surrey or something. (Sorry I wasn't paying attention to the news.) It's amazing how one accident can hold up traffic that far away.

And I just couldn't resist taking pictures of what would have been blurred going at 80km/h. Just a souvenir. (^_^)

No comments: