Friday, August 17, 2007

Anime Evolution 2007 (2)

Aaaaargh! After getting the flea market stuff ready, I only had one hour to sleep. (Going to bed at almost 8 AM but too tense to sleep.) It avalanched disastrously onto the schedule and I was totally not looking forward to dragging the heavy suite case onto transit. Luckily a family friend who lives near SFU was visiting and she offered me a round-trip ride. (Thanks so much!!)

Adrenaline was the only thing that kept me going. Can't remember too much. Had to yell because the table was behind the audience seating. The lack of sleep overpowered the cold. Sales was OK I guess. The big items which I want to get rid of didn't sell at all. The small stuff were almost all gone. At least 4 items weren't accounted for. A big dust ball, a small one, a tiny FMA tin can, and an Ed capsule toy. That's $20, stolen. The price of a whole set. (T_T) It was very hard to manage a table alone. That was exactly what I didn't want, but ended up with thanks to a twist of faith. Grrr...

It kind of sucks to be stuck behind a table. But a good thing is, the cosplayers come to you! So I got to take plenty of photos. It's so much easier to talk to them when they're looking at stuff. (As to chasing after them in the hallway etc.)

The day wouldn't be completed without a Pinky picture. Hehehe... That's left over pizza from the group on my left, 2 tables away. Geeze... they shouldn't have left garbage lying around like that.

Saddly, I'll have to say, the flea market was badly managed. No one knew anything. There was no sign-in either. So technically speaking, anyone can just walk in and start selling stuff. (It's actually $25 for a table and $15 for half.) It was supposed to end at 8, but when the venders started packing up at their closing time at 6, some flea market people starting leaving. Only 3 tables held out till 8. By that time, I was frozen after sitting outdoor for 6 hours. The evening was cooling down fast.

There was a dance party again....

Well, seems like my brain just turn it's switch off. So that's it for now. I might come back and modify things later.

No comments: