Friday, August 31, 2007

Men's Pocky... no more?

I - was - shocked - !!
Picked up a green box at Candyland, thinking it was Men's Pocky, but, but, but... it's not!!!!! Aaaaaargh!!!! It's just "dark chocolate"!

And I didn't realize until I ate it. It actually tasted different! It's got that "Hershey's" sour after taste! (Somehow I get the impression that Japanese version uses stevia, but I can't verify it.)

Well, I can understand the name "Men's Pocky" isn't good for the North American market, and I don't care as long as I can get the real thing. For the longest time, I've been buying from Candyland, and they have always carried the imported Japanese version! Now... now... I guess they've switched to the non-Japanese one. Sob sob sob... That leaves Fujiya as the only other hope. But they're more expensive.

But, hey! Their price are the same! Shouldn't the North American version be cheaper? I get the feeling that I'm cheated out of the shipping difference! Grrrr.... Plus! The Japanese box is metallic. Apart from shipping cost, the manufacture cost should be less! I think I'll stick to the original version. But of course, in a much lower frequency. Sigh...

No comments: