Sunday, August 19, 2007

Anime Evolution 2007 (4)

Day 3 started late again. Arrived at 1:15, hoping to catch the last 15 minutes of the Lady Asheligh's tea party by the fish pond, but nothing was there! Spent 10 minutes searching for it. There was no trace of it anywhere. Nothing could be done so I gave up.

After that, I just wandered around the artist alley. Hmm... made me want to try it next year. But I don't want to do it alone. Anybody interested in sharing a table?

Managed to see the Dollfies: Ball Jointed Dolls panel for 15 minutes before it ended. My friend in Hong Kong is so into it, she has started a business dealing with doll accessories. They're very nice, but super expensive. I can't afford them.

Next, the Yaoi in Mainstream Anime and Manga panel. They were saying the official shows started the yaoi trend themselves. Well, I'd say, it won't work without the fan's imaginations. And oh boy, can they imagine!

Ran into my friends in the cosplayer's hangout area. This was the last chance this year so I was shooting as many photos as I could. Naruto was the most cosplayed theme, but at that time, I only saw one person dressed up as Naruto himself. And I failed to catch him. (Oops it was actually a "her".) The second place had to be Bleach. I was hoping to see more Gothic Lolita, though.

All the panels were over. There was nothing else good going on. (Well, some anime shows, game, and the charity auction.) It was time to sit down at the main stage. We saw the final of Anime Idol. then it was the closing ceremony. That professional band played after that, but only very few people stayed for it. My friends and I didn't. It was getting cold too.

One last picture at the bus stop. Some cosplayers left in their costumes. I still can't forget the Shinji Ikari cosplayer I saw on the skytrain last year, who was bragging about not going home for 3 days, and a certain body spray let him skip shower during that 3 days. Gross!

No comments: