Saturday, April 16, 2011

Cross-border shopping

Tagged along brother's shopping trip. This time it's my older niece's turn to replenish her wardrobe for outgrown clothes. Kids are growing fast these days...

Departure time was set to 8:30AM so I had to get up at 7:15. Did that, and had plenty of time.. so I thought. I gave my printer one last try, but it just wouldn't co-operate. Oh well. Phoned up brother as asked him to help print the tiled page out, and he said he's already done so. (However, turn out later that he printer out the stuff from the previous mail I sent him, and this tiled one wasn't even read.)

Today brother's church friend J and her daughter L also joined us. We hit the usual place... Joann, Michael's, K-mart, Khol's, Sears, Walmart... I bought a bunch of clothes at Sears that are greatly discounted. A down coat only $25, and most other items are under $5. The catch is, they aren't really "bingo" items. But at this price, I couldn't resist. I do believe in "it's better to regret after buying then regret after not buying." It's only a few bucks... but they add up!!!!!

Khol's had an even bigger discount! Sis-in-law and J found lots of stuff. Meanwhile we forgot Costco closes at 6 on Saturdays, and missed our chance to eat dinner there. The second choice was the $5 large pizza at Little Ceasars inside K-mart. However! It was also closed when we got there! AAARRRGGGHHH!!! We ended up eating at Wendy's again. We ate lunch there, at that exact branch. I don't mind, though.

The 7 of us spent about $900 in total. Luckily the custom officer wasn't picky and we didn't have to pay tax. (Thanks!) However! The usual route was closed so we had to detour... and got lost. The second choice was also closed! Incredible! That, was about 11:15PM. No one was working if that was road constraction. I wonder what caused the closure. It took us longer and a few more circles, but we managed to get home safely. Thank God! By the time I got home, it was 1:15AM. (Yup, this post's time was adjusted to fit back in to the right day.)

I thought I'd only spend about $50. Ended up spending close to $130. Yikes... Now that I look back, I regret buying 3 of the clothing item. Oh well...

Too much walking. Too much standing. Tired...

No comments: