Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Suspension bridge

Happy b-day, A! It's you b-day yet thanks for treating me (and S)!

Lunch at Catcus Club in West Van. Lion's gate was a little congested but once past the bottle neck (catapult lane switching) it was fine. Thought mini burgers would be the right size for me, but they come in 3s. Each of them has slightly more mass than a McDonald's hamburger. Felt for the waitress's solicitation and got salad which turn out to be extra. Grrrr... After eating the salad and finishing off A's leftover fries, I was full. All 3 burgers were packed to go. Oh well. (Ended up eating one at around 4.)

Went to the Capilano suspension bridge. $30 a head before tax... My BCAA membership knocked 10% off but still too expensive! We both agreed the content only worth $15. Perhaps it was still too cold for this kind of outdoor activities. There were some people, but not many. I guess it was good that way, as the bridge shakes more with more people walking on it. At first it was kind of scary, but I was able to free both of my hands on the return trip. The food stands were closed. Only the gift shop was opened. Got A a t-shirt for b-day gift.

We were done at around 4 and I requested to stop by Walmart for the white stripes... which turn out to be bogus! What a scam!!! Grrrr!!!! Walmart sucks!!!!!!!

Then we went to T&T on 1st to pick up some cake (gotta have cake on b-day, right?) plus some grocery. This way we managed to bypass the traffic jam on highway 1.

By the time we picked up S, it was around 6. After much chaos, we decided to eat dinner at Tojo's. (Yikes... but A said he'd treat us all, and he didn't want to eat at a crappy place on his b-day which makes sense...) The omakase was too much food for me and A. S ended up eating whatever we couldn't eat. A little mental note: next time if I ever get to eat at Tojo's again, remember to order an entree, not omakase.

No comments: