Saturday, March 27, 2010

Cross-border shopping

Tried to prints some coupons last night but couldn't get the printer to work. Only slept 4 hours. Didn't finish packing either. (T_T) Will I be able to drive? Should be fine until my monster takes over.

So this is it. Didn't get a reply from Sy but I'd still declare visiting her as part of my trip purpose.

Everyone met at A's at 10:30. S was late and we left at around 11:30. Just because I screwed up at the traffic light and no one let me merge into the line, I had to go into the duty-free shop. A bought a bottle of ice wine for under $30. His original choice was something $78... yikes! ($18 more than what I make in one day.) We still had to wait 1.5 hours. Did the duty-free buy us any time? Don't know. I get the feeling not. But I still would like to believe it did.

By the time we reached the Birch Bay outlet, it was... 2:30? 3-ish? Argh forgot! S's plan of eating at a restaurant was ruined. Sorry, but this is what happens when on a trip. Especially to somewhere unfamiliar. We ended up eating snacks at a coffee shop. Didn't expect to, but got a pair of Bass shoes. Too bad the guys didn't find anything at Van Husen. Filled up on gas and we were off.

Next stop, Bellis Fair. Turn too early and ended up in some trailer home area. Looked like low-income housing right next to a mall. Quite a contrast. Came back out. Our actual destination
was a bit further down the street.

Walmart, Costco, Bestbuy, Michael's.... what else? Walmart didn't have my Olay face wash! How shocking! No white strip either. Only got dental floss. (I forgot to bring face wash and floss.)

Ate dinner at Red Robin. Kind of regret not ordering the onion rings. Hmm...

Next, Jo-ann! Turn too early again and ended up right back on the highway. (T_T) Nevertheless got there after wasting some time and gas. Their normal beading stuff was buy 2 get 1 free. Not exactly a good deal. Managed to find some clearance stuff, so I didn't go empty-handed. Thanks for the wooden beads, guys! (^_^)

Next, motel. We came across an Econo Lodge near Bellis Fair. The $59 sign outside seemed like a good deal, and we decided to stay there for the night. Turn out a room for three is $79. My CAA membership got us $10 off, yay!

Couldn't find any pay phone to cal Sy with, but found a computer with internet. So I sent her an e-mail instead. It would be long distance if I called.

The motel room wasn't too bad for the price. Since S didn't like to share a bed with A, I share with S. Not a problem. However... I couldn't sleep. Both of them snore, plus S grinds his teeth. The biggest problem was the bed. It was too soft. I was lying there afraid of turning might wake S up. I heard every single snore and grind, cough and sneeze.... (T_T)

No comments: