Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Hair cut

No work today, so I tried to book some appointments. My overdue car tuneup, hair cut, driver's license renewal plus upgrade, BCAA membership renewal, lunch with C and S, lunch with Sc... awwww....

First one up, hair cut. I'd like tomorrow, but it's fully booked. Instead, there was one today... at 1! OMG, it was already noon. But if I don't take it, there may not be enough time before my driver's license photo. So, the original plan of borrowing A's bus pass went out the window.

After quickly eating lunch, I rushed to the Nanaimo Skytrain station. I'm more familiar with Joyce station's geography (like where I can park), but I chose Nanaimo because it's closer. Of course it backfired. I circled and circled around and couldn't fine non-residence parking. Finally it was 3 blocks away that I could leave my car. At the end, I managed to get there only 10 minutes late. Well, I guess that wasn't a complete disaster.

Took advantage of the "free" time, tried to go to the London Drugs I thought on Granville or Howe, but it wasn't there anymore! Not event the one on Georgia! Sob sob sob... Finally saw a set of the PVC mascot figurines at a corner drug store (forgot which). At $35, I must pass. (T_T) Stopped by Dressew, and then the Bay. The Olympic store was still sealed off, but no more line up outside the store. It was pretty crowed inside, though. No more red mittens, of course. (T_T) But there were other stuff, still at full price and way too expensive. People are still buying and lining up at the cashiers. In the kids clothes section, a bunch of giant mascot plushies seemed to be placed there for photo purpose. People kept taking pictures with them. I had to wait for my turn. (But most people just budged in... sigh...) Too bad I was alone and no one could take my picture.

And, today's special was, if you spend $50, you'll get a Quatchi plush for free. Valued at $40. Does this means Quatchi is the least popular?

Got lots of walking today. So much, I passed out at my desk soon after I got home. Exercise is good.

Tried to book the driver's license renewal appointment online since yesterday, but couldn't because "my name is different from the one on file". What the heck? No choice but to call.

Mom asked dad to bring back a copy of the daycare schedule. It's a pink printout. Dad brought back a piece of pink paper alright, but it was his name card at lunch time. Sigh...

No comments: