Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Bitter Moose Pocky

Yesterday there was still a mystery chill between 5 and 7 pm that rendered me completely unmovable (i.e. must nap). Today it was almost gone. Can I say the cold is over? Or is it too soon?

Nevertheless, found this box of Bitty Moose Pocky in my junk food pile. It expires in a week! Yikes! M u s t ! E a t ! (Works out fine for my chocolate craving.)

Maybe it's a little too close to expiry? There's the white powdery stuff on the outside. (I think it's from fat separating.) It doesn't taste as good as I hope. Is it a matter of freshness? Or is my sense of taste still muted by the cold? Either way, it's not that different from the regular Men's Pocky (oops, sorry, now it's just "dark chocolate Pocky") Except for a thicker layer of chocolate and thicker cracker stick. At $2.39 for 12 sticks, this would be the last box I'd buy.

Some flavours seem to last well beyond expiry date. Like the discontinued Berry Pocky and Winter Cocoa Pocky (it's already powdery). And... aaaww I can't remember the rest! (T_T) Fujiya sells their expired Pocky at up to 60% off. I'm glad I don't live near one. Or else I'll be eating expired Pocky all the time. There's a branch near my auto mechanic so I only do that when I take my car in.

No comments: