Thursday, January 10, 2008

Weird dream

I can't remember dreams as often as 10 years ago. Is it just age? Or the missing brain? Dreams were so vivid, it was like participating in a movie. There was a distinctive decrease of dreams remembered after the accident, to almost none for years. It eventually came back, but not quite the same. Anyway, I seem to have extremely stressful dreams lately. Twice within this week already. I didn't document the last one, but it was about...

...having killed someone together with a crime partner (that killing part didn't exist, though) and he was trying to hide the head of the victim in the woods while threatening to kill me at the same time. I tried to run away. The police were after me too. It ended with my home being surrounded by reporters.

Last night's was... dying during a defibrillator demo? There was a bunch of people, probably in a class or something. I was playing around with the machine, and put the sensors on myself to see my heartbeat on the monitor. Then it showed my heart stopped. Things started to move in slow motion. I felt exhausted. (This was too real!) I begged for the defibrillator to be used. Somehow it didn't work. I was dying. Fear, panic, but couldn't stop the distortion on all my senses and everything fading slowly away.

I'd say... what the heck was that?!?!?!

The experience of death in a dream... was way too real. There was one (years ago) on being executed, and that was also way beyond comfort. Why did I have to have such a dream? Those who know me, know that I don't watch movies. If dreams are refiling of memories, I haven't been dead yet and shouldn't have such memories.

I wonder how often people dream about their own death.

No comments: