Thursday, January 17, 2008

F#&@%!!!!!

There are days that seem like God hates me, and today is sure one of those days. Or is it that when you're low in health, you're also low in luck and everything else?

The cold gets neither better nor worse. Regardless, I still need my chiropractor's appointment. Afterwards I went to the closest London Drugs to get dental floss and badly needed canker sore treatment. The canker sore alone is more painful than all the misery from the cold. (T_T) There was a parking spot nearby. Since I'm below normal condition, I parked there instead of in the basement parkade. Got a feeling that walking through the urine-smelling stair case is gonna make me sicker. I had no idea that I was about to step on a series of mines.

First mine, my favorite London Drug brand dental floss has changed packaging and the price went from $1.99 to $3.99. OK, switch brand, then. Somehow I couldn't think and it took me a long time before I found an unwaxed non-flavoured brand. (Try it next time and see for yourself how difficult this can be, though. Virtually everything is waxed and flavoured. Or is it just the selection at London Drugs?) This alone took over 5 minutes.

Second mine, now I'm stuck with this only choice, I need a coupon. So I went off hunting for one. That probably took 2 or 3 minutes.

Then I got my canker sore gel, took a quick look around the store and lined up at the cashier. That took another 6 or 7 minutes maybe? I only bought 10 minutes of parking, thinking I could just pick up the stuff and go, wrong. That, was the third mine.

Forth mine. You guessed it. Parking ticket. It was written 3 minutes after expiry. Do they have spys or something going around each meter every 3 minutes or so? Yes, I'm upset. Extremely upset.

A friend once said, he thinks the world hates him. I'd say, no, the world doesn't hate you. It hates me. No I didn't actually say it. But, I know very well that it's not a one-way street. I wish he understand it too. There are as many bad days as good ones, and I still have a few truly sincere friends who remind me that God hasn't completely given up on me yet. So I still try not to hate the world even on bad days, because "the world" includes whoever is or will be your friend. Which, applies to those listening to your whining at the moment, and can end up feeling quite offended.

You think your life sucks? Wait till you hear about mine. There was once a girl friend who managed to convince me to unload my true whining to her. It was very noble of her, and I did it because I trust her. But turn out she couldn't take it, and I never hear from her again. I don't blame her for deserting me. It's only human nature to stays away from unpleasant things. So, I make sure the monster's tightly sealed, ever.

No comments: