Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Kits / baskets

(Pictures borrowed from the web.) Putting together kits all day. Lots of cutting and bagging. A little bit of painting and sanding.

Mom phoned me at 5:45 asking if I were off. She knows that I get off at 6. And it's "eat-out with brother's gang day". She said she's bought Vietnamese steam rolls but the kids want to eat out. (Hello? Isn't it "eat-out day"???) She told me to come home to eat the steam rolls instead of meeting them at the restaurant.

What? She's ditching me? Because she's bought food that no one wants to eat? I couldn't believe it!

I was mad.

Yes, very mad.

But I'm also aware that it could be the up-coming vampire.

Needed some time-out at Michael's.

And guess what? They're having a grab bag clearance of fabric-lined wicker baskets. $2 for a pile of about 7 assorted sizes! The larger ones are big enough to be used as laundry baskets! Those are good stuff too! So cheap, it was unreal! They look like something my sis-in-law can use. After a short phone call, I walked out the store with 2 piles. Had to carry them in two rounds.

Sis-in-law couldn't believe they were that cheap either. Turns out old merchandise get destroyed at Michael's. This kind of "grab bag" sale prevents perfectly good stuff to be wasted. Apparently not too long ago, they had that on artist paint. A hundred bucks worth of paint for just $2. Oooooo wish I were there!

Aaaaargh! Forgot to take pictures of the baskets!!!!!!!!

No comments: